I’m looking for a good adventure quote to put on Emma’s wall. I may ask this Etsy seller if perhaps she could do a custom order, replacing the nice (but slightly overused) “Oh the places you’ll go” Dr. Seuss quote with something else. I really like the map graphics.
The only problem - what to replace it with? There are too many options. Here are some of the contenders:
- Cut not the wings of your dreams, for they are the heartbeat and the freedom of your soul.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - A.A. Milne
- We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way. - Gloria Gaither
- The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams. -E. Roosevelt
- The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. -E. Roosevelt
- Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence. -E. Roosevelt
- No dreamer is ever too small. No dream is ever too big.
- We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. -Jawaharlal Nehru
- Climb mountains not so the world can see you but so that you may see the world
- Here’s to freedom, cheers to art. Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start. - Jason Mraz
- We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.” — Marie B. Ray
- Little One, this is the beginning of a grand adventure
Yes, a few of them are pretty sappy but given the state of my hormones, I’m not terribly surprised by my finalists. Mothers of newborns tend to wax poetic about their finicky little crossed-eyed angels.
Any favorites? Or alternatives?